Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fabric Box Tutorial

One of my favorite blogs is Seaside Stiches. Tina shares great information and she too lives in New England.
A group from our guild organizes a retreat every year, and this year there are actually two  sessions going on. Both in February - I know February - Coastal Maine - but it is beautiful and we have been lucky in past years - no major snow issues! And we are inside most of the time quilting.
We go to the Franciscan Guest House in Kennebunk ME.  I was helping out with the second session, but in the end I am not able to attend.
We were trying to find a functional but easy "gift" for the attendees. And I had used this tutorial before to make the cloth box.

You can use them as:
  • small trash baskets on your sewing table,
  • make a matching Mug Rug and put tea bags in there
  • in larger versions with a plastic liner, you could add a small plant
  • The list goes on.......
Here are two I made so far - I am hoping to make 22 by Feb 23!
Fabric Box - from Seaside-Stitches Tutorial


I did use the little button attachment foot on my machine - that was hugely helpful to go through all the layers and attach the buttons.
Please respect Tina's requests at the bottom of the tutorial about selling etc.
These are gifts for my quilting sisters at the retreat and I know they will enjoy them.
I hope you do too!

Happy Quilting
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment