Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Texture Magic Totes and When Pigs Fly Part 1


Well, I have jumped in to my Texture Magic business. I am busy making samples to show to shop owners. There are now 13 Patterns for Texture Magic. I have set up my first demo to a shop staff meeting next Tuesday!

Here is the Textured Tote and Accessories. This took about a day to make all three pieces.
I loved the way it came out.
To texturize the fuchsia fabric, I just followed the swirls with gold thread. The geometric fabric, I followed the grid in the fabric.

Every Tuesday - is Texture Magic Tuesday and a new project is highlighted in "Mother Superior's Blog"
This week it is a great purse with interesting stitching and silk ribbon.

My other activity is getting ready for my guild's Exhibit. It is Saturday Oct 24 (Mansfield MA) It is a small exhibit, free and open to the public. We have done large shows as a guild before, but the guild is smaller now, so we went for simple. The space for the exhibit was free! So that helps.
I have to finish a challenge quilt for that show. It is the first time I have designed a quilt from scratch!! I used my EQ6, imported embroidery designs and everything! Now the quilt is not done, but I will give you a preview of the "inspiration" fabric.
When the quilt is finished I will post it - The name of the quilt is "When Pigs Fly". I had great fun with this.

1 comment:

  1. The bag is beatiful, Hope everthing goes well on Tues.
    Tish a TM Rep in WA

    ReplyDelete