Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Decoration Time & Eleanor Burns

Well, like a lot to the country it is snowing here in metro Boston. The view out my kitchen slider is beautiful









DH doesn't have good snow tires so he took my car today and I am finally going to put up all the Christmas decorations. Last year at this time I was confined to a chair and the bed with a cast on my right leg after having surgery to repair all three broken bones in my right ankle!
So decorating was at a minimum last year - I want to make up for it this year. I am looking at the treks up and down the attics stairs as my aerobic workout for the day!

I already had to throw out the fresh wreath on my front door - put it between the storm door and the main door and the front of my house faces south west and gets a ton of sun. Well with the almost 70 degree weather we had last week, the wreath toasted and browned terribly. I am going for a really nice fake wreath, it is the only thing that will hold up in my doors.

I will post some pictures of the finished decorating.

Eleanor Burns
On November 19 I had the opportunity to see Eleanor Burns at the Holiday Inn in Taunton MA. She was brought to the area by Ann's Fabrics & Sewing Machine Center in Canton MA
A good friend had gone to all three days of the classes but I just went to the open lecture on Thursday night. My goodness she is such a dynamic person! She was doing magic tricks and demoing - via a coordinated video- her products. I tried not to purchase anything, but you all know we see things we MUST have when we go to these events!
I am a sucker for tools and gagets and new things. I have always loved a scalloped border, but struggled with making them come out even, well Eleanor has a ruler for that!
I got the ruler and a cute patter that uses charm packs
Sorry for the flash hot spot, but once I saw this demo'd I knew it was just what I needed.
The pattern uses charm packs but also uses the scalloped ruler. I can't wait to try it.

I also got the Day & Night book -it came with templates too - so of course I had to get it.











Then I had the opportunity to have a picture with Eleanor and have her sign my book! It was a really fun night.

Well it's off to the attic!
Peace

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment