Wednesday, December 2, 2009

More Texture Magic Projects

Well it's been a while since I posted, but I have been busy. Back in mid-October I started reping Texture Magic in Massachusetts. Since then I have been working hard to make my samples of the patterns made for TM to show at shops and demos.

The patterns are designed by Annie Unrein and they all work up really well. There are now 14 patterns that are available. I am hoping to get them in all the quilt and fabric stores in MA, but if you can't get them in your LQS, then check both Annie's web site or the Superior Threads web site.
If you live in MA and see this just contact me directly by posting a comment.

Here are the projects
Bubbly Music Babies - this is a baby quilt pattern, (Bubbly Babies) but I used "adult" fabrics. Both of my children played in the orchestra in high school (cello & viola) so I had lots of music fabric and I wanted to make a black and white quilt. I have not quilted this intentionally, so I can show the texturized pieces from the back and how they are pieced into a quilt. They are the black pieces in the center.





On The Town - is a great bag to make - I used rows of one of the decorative stitches on my machine to make the texturized center - I was very pleased with the effect. Also I tried Fast2Fuse in the body of the bag and Craftfuse in the pockets. The Fast2fuse was hard to turn right side out after putting the lining and the outside of the bag together, but it makes the bag stand up very well.





Serenity- The flap on this bag has wool batting in between the TM and the fabric. Then I outlined each leaf with a 35wt varigated thread I had in my thread stash. It was a lot of work, but worth it. I used magnetic snaps and put feet on the bottom as well. These are little features that are not in the pattern, that make the bag very finished.






Texture Magic Tote- A potential customer was not sure that TM would work for her customers - they support the more folk art, "no brights" quilters and crafters. She supplied me with the fabric for this bag - it is the small bag in the pattern - the pattern comes with two sizes.
It came out really well. The black fabric on the base has a very very dark gray pattern in it. To texturize, I went around some patterns free motion and then did a 1" grid with a serpentine stitch for the rest. The effect was great.



I am off to try some applique as I have two demos this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Being busy quilting is good - never apologize for not blogging more!! I enjoyed your entry.

    ReplyDelete