Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Little Knitting

A long time quilt guild friend introduced me to knitted cotton cloths for the kitchen. My hands haven't been up to knitting for a while but they are coming back. These are made on size 8 needles, and I can handle those. Hopefully soon I can get back to size 1s so I can make more socks!

These great little cloths work well in the kitchen, are absorbent, and get clean easily, just throw them in with your whites with hot water.

They are inexpensive to make, I got a skein of cotton yarn at Michael's for $1.29. I made the purple and will have left over yarn. The only draw back is they do stay damp for a while.

There are many free patterns for the plain ones I made as well as much more elaborate patterns. Here is the pattern I used. For more choices just google free knitted wash cloth patterns. You can get very fancy.

The purple one and the one on the needles I made/am making. The smaller bluish one I bought at our guild's quilt show boutique. Its been well used. Great take along project. I do it most often on the train to and from work.

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment