Sunday, January 27, 2013

Using Those Pre-cuts

I have looked at those precut layer cakes, Jellyrolls and charm packs for a long time. I love the variety you get in each one. But I always wondered what to do with them!

Then I found Jenny Doan and the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Her wonderful and inspiring tutorials opened a world of possibilities.

In January my guild tries to use either a local speaker or those of us in the guild volunteer to do some demos. This year we decided to take a look at using these precut fabrics.

Three of us did demos using jelly rolls, layer cakes and the triangular turnovers.

I demo'd the layer cakes and here's a sample of some of the blocks


These blocks are 25 inches square and work up very quickly. The link for the video tutorial for this particular quilt can be found here.
The guild loved the demo and I will finish the quilt as a wedding present for a friend's son who just got engaged. I'll post the picture when it's done.
Happy quilting
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment