Tuesday, February 26, 2013

DH's Quilt is Finally Done

For our 30th wedding anniversary, I gave my husband a sampler quilt.

This is a theme you will find running through my quilting process. I LOVE to start projects. Kind of like diets, don't love to start them, but the enthusiasm is high, commitment is right up there.

This particular quilt was a Block of the Month at one of my LQS, in 1995. So I'd worked on it off and on for over 15 years. Now my anniversary was in 2010. DH got a fully pieced, but only partially quilted quilt. I didn't str making it or him, but I needed a good 30 year present and this was lose to being done.

Finally, 2.5 years later he got the finished quilt. I took it to our guild retreat and only worked on this one project. Three full days and ome night time work to finish quilting and binding.

This is the front.

 

My free option quilting is ver very beginner. But it was done with love! Used some decorate stitches too.

 

Initially I was going to put a braided border on the quilt, but it was way too busy. So I put it into the backing.

 

DH likes it and is keeping it at the beach house.

I have 60 plus other projects that need to be finished. At best I can do 10 a year, and that's with a lot of focus. So I have years of projects without buying another thing. And we all know that won't happen.

Happy Quilting

Mary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment