Sunday, June 30, 2013

Working those UFOs

I have been recuperating from a medical procedure at my beach house. A great place to recuperate!

It is giving me some good time to finish those oodles of UFOs I have accumulated over the years.

Here is a quick project I finished. These date from 2007 and the "kitchen towel" of the month at a LQS. I got three. They were supposed to be hand appliquéd. Well of course they languished in my UFO PILE. I'm not doing anything by hand that I'm going to dry dishes with, just would just be silly.

So I pulled out my Steam-a Seam II, my Superior Threads Monopoly, and went to work.

This is the first time I've done invisible appliqué using a mono filament thread. I used a very narrow and short zigzag stitch. It worked perfectly.

Happy Quilting

 

No comments:

Post a Comment