Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moving Into the New Year

Well - it is now mid-month. My daughter is back at school - she is a swimmer and is back for winter practice. She is actually in Key Largo for the week where they intended to practice in an outdoor pool. It was too cold on Wednesday to practice outside - all these northern kids are still very cold!! Classes don't start til the 23rd.
My son is going back on Friday for classes started next Wednesday - we HOPE this is his last semester. 
Next week, just back to DH and me! But both of them are coming home for the summer. I am glad (I think!)

I am having a great time selling Texture Magic. Most of the stores take right to it. It is great. I will teach my first class in April at The Quilted Crow.  Can't wait for that.  I have learned a lot about direct selling from this experience.  My focus in the next two weeks will be to get to the local guilds and try some shows.  I also have two more proposals for classes to follow up on.

I am working on my TQS BOM - the Hugs & Kisses Applique, while restarting last years pieced BOM, and doing two other BOM at LQS - in addition to the list I am keeping at the side of the blog. And my most pressing project is picking the fabrics for the New England Quilt Museum Guild Challenge quilt I have designed for our guild. I have the design, just have to finish picking the fabric. I will incorporate TM in the swag border of this quilt.



Here are some great New Years pictures we took on our walk New Year's Day in Barnstable on Cape Cod. It was a gray day, but the ocean and salt marshes were still spectacular.  Kind of a quiet intensity.


Hopefully I will have more to share in the quilting realm soon
Peace
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment