Friday, January 1, 2010

Quilty Holidays

What a wonderful Christmas and New Year we had. Both DD and DS were home, we got to all the family celebrations and had a wonderful New Year's Eve with friends on Cape Cod.
I got lot's of quilting things for Christmas. Told DH I would take care of my stocking stuffers and came up with this little pile of goodies when I visited a LQS just before Christmas. I had lost my 120" tape measure, also thought I had some of this folding liquid but couldn't find it, can always use a replacement blade and a needle threader. Life is good.













My DS needed a gift idea and I had seen the pressing mat while doing a demo at a LQS. I only had a small square one in my studio and wanted a bigger pressing surface. While he was there he saw this group of fat quarters - black and off whites, but with one square of a bold chartreuse. It was great.  My friend Carol found a great idea in a magazine she had to use them. I will add that to the list later - I will put the idea into my EQ6 so I don't forget - it is a combination of Ohio stars.



Right after Christmas my friend Carol & I got together at my house to work on a bag project. We had seen these bags at  A Quilter's Gathering   at the Great Pond Quilts booth. I had to order the pattern, but it came and we decided to do it on the Monday after Christmas.
The pattern is the Easy on the Back pattern by Jenny Raymond









It took me a total of about 15 hours to complete. It is the large bag and I made it in the  shell pattern to take on my scuba vacation to Little Cayman in March. I have a leather bag very like this that a got from LLBean about 3 years ago when I went on a trip to Korea. I was thrilled with the outcome and learned a lot about constructing a bag with all these pieces along the way. My friend Carol finished hers yesterday.

I also got a SewEZ table from DH. It didn't come until Dec 30, but that's not a problem I have take down the table I have now and store it away - once it is all set up I will post pictures.

More about our wonderful New Year's Eve on the Cape tomorrow.
Peace
Mary


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment